Welcome to QTNA2012 Homepage!
After the conference, those regular papers accepted for presentation are invited to submit their extended versions as the Post-Conference Publishing of QTNA2012 in the Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization (JIMO).
The 7th International Conference on Queueing Theory and Network Applications (QTNA2012) will be held in Kyoto, Japan on Aug. 1-3, 2012. The conference is a continuation of the series of successful conferences - QTNA2006 (Seoul, Korea), QTNA2007 (Kobe, Japan), QTNA2008 (Taipei, Taiwan), QTNA2009 (Singapore), QTNA2010 (Beijing, China) and QTNA2011 (Seoul, Korea). QTNA2012 (Kyoto) is a conference for the dissemination of state-of-the-art research on queueing theory and its applications in networks and related issues. It brings together both researchers and practitioners from the world to share important and challenging problems and issues in the area of queueing theory and network applications and work together to discover pioneering solutions for these problems.
Each submission is expected to promote queueing theory or related techniques, and demonstrate a relationship between theory and its application. Any topic that satisfies these requirements would be of interest.
Submissions from both industry and academia on all subjects related to queueing theory, stochastic modeling and design methodologies for all kinds of systems are welcome. The topics include, but are not limited to:
- Matrix analytic methods
- Tail asymptotics in queueing models
- Analysis of multi-class queueing networks
- Large deviation theory
- Performance analysis of scheduling policies
- Optimization of queueing systems
- Simulation methodologies for stochastic models
- Capacity planning methods
- Algorithms for self-organized optimization
- Performance modeling and analysis of telecommunication networks
- Traffic models for Internet applicationsof voice, video and streaming
- Source modeling for multi-media traffic
- Traffic measurement and data analysis
- Congestion and flow control
- Traffic management and routing
- Ad-hoc and sensor networks
- Peer-to-peer communication
- Mobile/wireless and satellite communication systems
- Multimedia based systems design, configuration and impact
- Cost benefit analysis and economic impact of telecommunication systems
- Performance of autonomic and ambient networks
- Efficient usage of bandwidth in cognitive radio networks
- Game theoretical approach for wireless networks
- Design and system management of communication networks
- Abstract and Title Registration: March 16, 2012
- Paper Submission: April 1, 2012 April 25, 2012 (Extended)
- Acceptance Notification: June 1, 2012
- Camera-Ready: July 1, 2012 July 6, 2012 (Extended)
Papers must be submitted through the conference website http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=qtna2012. All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings. Electronic version of the proceedings will be distributed to all participants at the conference. After the conference, those regular papers accepted for presentation are invited to submit their extended versions as the Post-Conference Publishing of QTNA2012 in the Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization (JIMO). You are also welcome to organize special sessions, with 4-5 papers in each session, dedicated to a topic of your interest. Please email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. It will be forwarded to the program chairs. An accepted paper will be included in the proceedings only if at least one of the authors registers by July 10, 2012.